Posts Tagged With: sinners
PureFlix Free Trial. Faith and Family Entertainment. Anytime. Anywhere.
If you died tonight, where would you go? Heaven or Hell? If you confess your mouth, JESUS IS LORD & believe in your heart that Jesus died on the cross for our sin & rose from the grave, you will be saved! -Romans 10:9. For all have sinned & fall short of the Glory of God! -Romans 3:23. For the wages of sin is death, but the Gift of God has everlasting life in Christ Jesus our Lord. -Romans 6:23.
|What is truth? Who has it? Let’s face it: In today’s world, it’s hard to know what’s true anymore. How’s your journey going? Has your search for real answers only led you down a dead end? Truth is more than just talk. Real truth is soul bending. It’s deep, profound and life changing. We invite you to find this truth and enter The Passage.|
God created you in His image. He wants you to know Him personally, so you may experience the love, peace and destiny He offers.
GOD’S DESIGN “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
GOD’S LOVE “For God so loved the world, that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
GOD’S PLAN “Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” (John 17:3)
What prevents us from experiencing the life of love and destiny God desires for us?
PEOPLE ARE SINFUL. Sin keeps us from knowing God personally and from experiencing His love, peace and destiny. Sin enslaves, blocks and separates us from God.
PEOPLE ARE SINFUL “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23)
Sin is our innate refusal to go God’s way and instead, to go our own way and do our own thing. God is holy, that is, perfect in who He is and all He does. Our sinful nature and actions offend God’s holy nature and result in a broken relationship and separated from Him.
PEOPLE ARE ENSLAVED “Jesus replied, ‘I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin’” (John 8:34).
PEOPLE ARE SEPARATED “For the wages of sin is death…” (spiritual separation) (Romans 6:23)
WAGES = PENALTY
People are sinful and separated from a holy God by a great gap. We may try to cross that gap by living a good life, not harming anyone, attending church or other religious meetings, or by giving money to our favorite charities. All of these efforts fail because the sinful condition of the heart remains unchanged, enslaved to sin.
The third principle (Below) explains the only way to cross the gap…
Jesus Christ came to provide the bridge back to a destiny with God. Jesus Christ alone forgives and removes our sins so we can know God personally, and experience His love, peace and freedom forever.
HE DIED ON THE CROSS IN OUR PLACE “For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God…” (1 Peter 3:18). Jesus Christ was able to pay the penalty for our sins not find Him guilty of any wrongdoing.
HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD “Christ died for our sins…He was buried, He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures…He appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, He appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers…” (1 Corinthians 15:3-6)
Christ’s resurrection proved that He has the power over death to enable us to live eternally with God.
HE IS THE WAY TO GOD “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me’” (John 14:6).
HE SETS US FREE “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed” (John 8:36).
|His Son, Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins, in our place. In this way He paid the death penalty that we deserve.|
What would a person need to do in order to change their destiny to know God and experience the love, and freedom from sin that He offers?
We must individually receive Jesus Christ, because only He provides the destiny to God. Only then can we experience His love, and live in freedom for eternity.
WE MUST RECEIVE CHRIST “Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12).
WE RECEIVE CHRIST THROUGH FAITH “By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works that no one should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9, NASB).
Faith = trust, dependence on God
WHEN WE RECEIVE CHRIST, WE HAVE A NEW DESTINY. WE EXPERIENCE HIS LOVE, FREEDOM, AND ETERNAL LIFE. [Jesus speaking] “I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly” (John 10:10 NASB).
To receive Christ:
- Recognize and admit you need to be forgiven of your sins.
- Admit you can do nothing on your own to free yourself from your sins.
- Turn away from your sins (repentance) and place your trust in Jesus Christ alone.
- When you trust Christ, you receive His complete forgiveness and an eternal relationship with God.
Knowing intellectually that Jesus Christ is the Son of God is not enough. Having an emotional experience will not change your destiny and allow you to experience His love, peace and freedom.
We receive Jesus Christ by faith, as an act of our will.
Think About It
These two circles represent two kinds of lives or paths that people choose:
|SELF-DIRECTED LIFE Christ is outside the life. The different areas of life represented by the dots are self-directed and not in harmony with God’s desires.||CHRIST-DIRECTED LIFE Christ is in the life. This person has received Christ and His forgive-ness for their sins. Christ directs every area of life, resulting in harmony with God’s desire and plan.|
Which circle represents your life right now?
Which circle do you want to represent you life?
YOU CAN RECEIVE CHRIST RIGHT NOW BY FAITH THROUGH PRAYER. (Prayer is just talking with God)
God is not so concerned with your words as He is with the attitude of your heart. You must mean what you pray, for God knows your heart and you cannot deceive Him.
Here is a suggested prayer: Jesus Christ, I need you. I confess that I have sinned against You and have been running my own life. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Please come into my life and forgive my sins and set me free. Begin directing my life. Change my destiny. Make me into the person you created me to be. Thank you for answering my prayer by coming into my life and giving me eternal life. Amen.
Does this prayer express your heart’s desire? If it does, pray this prayer right now and Christ will come into your life, as He promised.
How to Know…
HOW TO KNOW THAT CHRIST IS IN YOUR LIFE Know He answered your prayer and came into your life? You can know that Christ is in your life because of the 1 John 4:14-15:
“And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in
God and His Word are completely trustworthy.
THE BIBLE PROMISES ETERNAL LIFE TO ALL WHO RECEIVE CHRIST “And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life, life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life.(1 John 5:11–13, NASB)
Thank God daily that Christ is in your life and He will never leave you (Hebrews 13:5). You can know on the basis of His promise that Christ lives in you and you have eternal life, from the moment you invited Him in. He will not deceive you.)
What if you don’t feel any different?
DO NOT DEPEND ON FEELINGS This train diagram illustrates the relationship between fact (God and His Word), faith (our trust in God and His Word), and feeling (the result of our faith and obedience). Read John 14:21.
The train will run with or without the caboose (feeling). In the same way, we as Christians do not depend on feelings or emotions. We rely on the promises of God’s Word, not our feelings. The Christian lives by faith in God and His Word.
THE MOMENT YOU RECEIVED CHRIST BY FAITH, AS AN ACT OF YOUR WILL, MANY THINGS HAPPENED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- Christ came into your life (1 Corinthians 6:17; Colossians 1:27).
- Christ set you free from your sins and forgave you (Romans 8:1-2; 2 Corinthians 3:17; Galatians 5:1; Colossians 1:14).
- You became a child of God (John 1:12).
- God lavished His love on you (Romans 8:35–39; 1 John 3:1).
- You received eternal life (John 5:24).
- You began the new and satisfying life for which God created you (John 10:10; 2 Corinthians 5:17; 1 Thessalonians 5:18).
Being freed and loved by Christ is all good! He changed your destiny. Would you like to thank God in prayer right now for what He has done for you? By thanking God, you demonstrate your faith.
To enjoy your new relationship with God to the fullest…
SUGGESTIONS FOR CHRISTIAN GROWTH Our relationship with Christ grows as we trust God more and more with every detail of our lives. “The righteous will live by faith” (Galatians 3:11). This trust develops as we:
|G||Go to God in prayer daily. (Col 4:2)|
|R||Read God’s Word daily (Acts 17:11). Begin with the Gospel of John|
|O||Obey GOd moment by moment. (John 14:21)|
|W||Witness for Christ by your life and words (Matthew 4:19; John 15:8)|
GET INVOLVED IN A GOOD CHURCH (Bible-based, Christ centered) God’s Word admonishes us not to forsake “the assembling of ourselves together…” (Hebrews 10:25; Acts 2:42–47). Several logs burn brightly together; but put one aside and its fire goes out. So it is with your relationship to other Christians. If you do not belong to a church, do not wait to be invited. Take the first step; call the pastor of a nearby church where Christ is honored and His Word is preached. Start this week and make plans to attend regularly. hear from you!
If you prayed this prayer & meant it. WELCOME to God’s family! Please email us at email@example.com to share the good news & we will help you walk with the Lord and we help find a good church for you. Jesus bless you abundantly! If you want to talk with someone on the phone please call 1-888-NEED-HIM
God picks you from the patch,
brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you.
Cuts off the top
and scoops out all the yucky stuff.
He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc…
and then He carves you a new smiling face and put His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.
Check out it! Today is the day of the release of the movie, Audacity!
Please enjoy & share! Jesus bless you!
Celebrate the 4th of July with Video Gaming’s Finest Fireworks!
During the American Revolution, the legal separation of the Thirteen Colonies from Great Britain occurred on July 2, 1776, when the Second Continental Congress voted to approve a resolution of independence that had been proposed in June by Richard Henry Lee of Virginia declaring the United States independent from Great Britain rule. After voting for independence, Congress turned its attention to the Declaration of Independence, a statement explaining this decision, which had been prepared by a Committee of Five, with Thomas Jefferson as its principal author. Congress debated and revised the wording of the Declaration, finally approving it on July 4. A day earlier, John Adams had written to his wife Abigail:
The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.
Adams’s prediction was off by two days. From the outset, Americans celebrated independence on July 4, the date shown on the much-publicized Declaration of Independence, rather than on July 2, the date the resolution of independence was approved in a closed session of Congress.
Historians have long disputed whether Congress actually signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, even though Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and Benjamin Franklin all later wrote that they had signed it on that day. Most historians have concluded that the Declaration was signed nearly a month after its adoption, on August 2, 1776, and not on July 4 as is commonly believed.
- In 1777, thirteen gunshots were fired in salute, once at morning and once again as evening fell, on July 4 in Bristol, Rhode Island. Philadelphia celebrated the first anniversary in a manner a modern American would find quite familiar: an official dinner for the Continental Congress, toasts, 13-gun salutes, speeches, prayers, music, parades, troop reviews, and fireworks. Ships were decked with red, white, and blue bunting.
- In 1778, from his headquarters at Ross Hall, near New Brunswick, New Jersey, General George Washington marked July 4 with a double ration of rum for his soldiers and an artillery salute (feu de joie). Across the Atlantic Ocean, ambassadors John Adams and Benjamin Franklin held a dinner for their fellow Americans in Paris, France.
- In 1779, July 4 fell on a Sunday. The holiday was celebrated on Monday, July 5.
- In 1781 the Massachusetts General Court became the first state legislature to recognize July 4 as a state celebration.
- In 1783, Moravians in Salem, North Carolina, held a celebration of July 4 with a challenging music program assembled by Johann Friedrich Peter. This work was titled “The Psalm of Joy.” This is recognized as the first recorded celebration and is still celebrated there today.
- In 1791 the first recorded use of the name “Independence Day” occurred.
- In 1870, the U.S. Congress made Independence Day an unpaid holiday for federal employees.
- In 1938, Congress changed Independence Day to a paid federal holiday.
Boom Boom Rocket (Xbox 360)
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Every year on July 4th America remembers its freedom from British rule, but as citizens of heaven who are only incidentally American citizens, we daily have a more significant liberty to celebrate.
What freedom do citizens of heaven have to celebrate?
Freedom from bondage
- Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,
Freed by Christ
- John 8:32-36 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?” Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
Freedom is universally desired
- Heb 2:15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
- 2 Pet 2:19 They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity–for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him.
Freed from the law of sin and death
- Rom 8:2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
Freed from the bondage of satisfying God’s law
- 1 Cor 9:21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law.
- Gal 2:4 This matter arose because some false brothers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves.
- Gal 4:22-23 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born in the ordinary way; but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a promise.
- Gal 4:30-31, 5:1 But what does the Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” Therefore, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman. It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
Freed from the sins committed under the first covenant
- Heb 9:15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance–now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.
Freed from our sins by his blood
- Rev 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,
Freed from accusation
- Col 1:22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation–
Freed from the power of sin
- Rom 6:7, 18, 20, 22 because anyone who has died has been freed from sin … You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness … When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness … But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.
Caution: Do not think your freedom is permission to sin
- 1 Pet 2:16 Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.
- Gal 5:13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.
Free to approach God with confidence
- Eph 3:12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Freed from spiritual blindness
- 2 Cor 3:16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Freed from the curse of a decaying body
- Rom 8:21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
- 1 John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
Free to be a slave to others
- 1 Cor 9:19 Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as
- 1 Cor 10:29 the other man’s conscience, I mean, not yours. For why should my freedom be judged by another’s conscience?
Caution: Don’t let your freedom from the law lead others to violate their consciences
- 1 Cor 8:9 Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak.
Freed by the law of love
- James 1:25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it–he will be blessed in what he does.
- James 2:12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom
Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360)
Forza Horizon 2
If you haven’t heard yet, on Friday, June 26, 2015, the United States of America has now confirmed they are a Godless country.
Supreme Court rules in favor of same-sex marriage nationwide: http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/26/politics/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage-ruling/
We are living in the end times & don’t be surprised if your church gets shutdown for obeying the Bible. Jesus bless you all, stay firm for Jesus! And it will only get worse from now on.
What’s next for us born-again Christians? We need to act, there are PLENTY of businesses that support SIN. We need to stop using their services, which we, the 116 Boyz, will need to find a new website host. WordPress is showing gay pride. Here is a screenshot.
If there are businesses, movies, TV shows, etc. that we know of that are supporting sin and continue to use them. We also are in sin. Stand up for the Truth of Jesus Christ and go that extra mile of learning about the businesses that you use.
If you are reading this and you happen to claim to be homosexual and prideful of it and you say that you are a “Christian.” You aren’t a born-again Christian. If you are homosexual and your ashamed of your sin, and at the end of the day you ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins, you are more likely to be born-again. Born-again Christians do not walk around prideful of their sin.
Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People?
Number One: Are these ‘good’ people from your standards or God’s standards? Take the test if you think your a good person? Click on pictures below to take the test in English or Spanish.
Jesus is the only man who didn’t sin and Jesus is good. We sin for we are bad people. All people but Jesus are bad because we are sinners and Jesus was not a sinner, for He is good. We do deserve to burn in Hell, but God sent His Son to die for our sins, so if we give our life to Him, we don’t have to burn in Hell.
Number Two: Depends if people know Jesus. Sometimes if we play around with sin, God will discipline us. Or He will test our faith in Him, like Job in the Bible.
So you ask yourself, “why did “John” have to die? He was on fire for Jesus, he was only 30 years old and he had a wife and 2 kids.” Well, God uses deaths to reach the lost. We personally get selfish and think of ourselves. We get “mad” at God when it was never about us in the first place.
God has a plan and His plan is good. He tries to find the lost in mist of their sins.
The last few years, when Good Friday would come around, I would think about Good Friday and how it didn’t make too much sense. What do I mean? Well, looking at Christ, He would rise again 3 days later after He died, well, 1 day is 24 hours and 3 days is 72 hours. So how could Jesus die on Good Friday and 1 1/2 days later resurrect? A little short? Well, I came across this article and this makes perfect sense. You MUST watch this video, it explains and proves that if you still believe Good Friday is the day, then Jesus isn’t your Master. “For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” – Matthew 12:40. If you celebrate Good Friday and Easter, you need to watch this. Please comment & share this with other Christians.
“For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.”
– Matthew 12:40