“Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice
and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne,
just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.” –
Revelation 3:19-21 (NIV)
Let’s underscore the following truths concerning temptation:
1. Any weakness constantly indulged in, excused, denied or hidden, can
and eventually will enslave you.
2. Failure to identify and target your dominant weakness guarantees defeat.
3. Ignoring your weakness makes defeat inevitable.
4. satan has assigned certain people to feed your weakness. Be discerning!
5. Your weakness will be drawn to any friendship that accepts it,
enjoys it and feeds on it.
6. Your weakness has an agenda: to take over your life and sabotage
God’s plan for you.
7. Your weakness will always bond with the wrong people and make you
uncomfortable in the presence of the right ones.
8. Your weakness can emerge at any time, including your closing years.
9. Your weakness cannot be overcome by human reasoning or willpower.
10. God will permit you to enjoy success in various areas, even while
your weakness is still operating within you. Why? Because He’s
long-suffering and merciful.
11. Overcoming your weakness brings great rewards.
12. Succumbing to your weakness brings great frustration.
God will not only help you to overcome your greatest weakness. He’ll
turn it into your greatest weapon! Will you let Him?